Friday, March 23, 2012

Back in The Saddle


Well here I sit in my hotel room on the first night of a weekend of drumline competitions. It has been a very long time since I have been involved with a competitive drumline, and it feels great to be back in the saddle. The bus ride was great with the bus full of kids all excited to be together. The energy was great. Tomorrow is going to be awesome; we have some free time that I will use to work out and stay on top of my goals. Then off to shopping which is nothing exciting but I do enjoy walking around seeing the kids have a great time.  After that it is game time! I am really looking forward to see how the kids do against the American kids. 

So I just helped walk around and make sure all the kids where in the right rooms for lights out. One thing I can’t believe is all the firsts I keep having after being involved in this activity for over 27 years. Yet tonight another first and this must be a school thing but a great idea. After checking the room to make sure the kids are in the right room we put a piece of tape from the door to the frame. Therefore if the tape comes off before we take it off we will know someone is out. I love doing this stuff.

It has been a great day and I am really looking forward to tomorrow.

No comments: