Monday, October 1, 2007

My Life, My Choices, My Actions

I listen to a lot of self help and motivational speakers. The one I listen to the most is called “Winning is an inside job” by John Maxwell. The first thing he talks about is taking responsibility for one’s own life and actions. So that is what I need to do right now. On Saturday night I broke down. Not because of anything anyone else did or didn’t do. Up until this point I had not eaten any food. But on that night I did. I am very disappointed in myself more than I could really explain. I started with a cookie and then I had twenty medium chicken wings. I feel like I have let down everyone who has believed in me. Most of all I am sorry for letting down my Mom and Dad because they are playing for the treatment. I know it was wrong when I did it but, I felt like what I think a hard core drug addict would feel. I hide and ate in the dark and ate them like someone was going to steal them. I am back on track. I got right back on the next day. I just feel I need to be responsible for my action.

“I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.” Thomas Edison

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Staying on that treatment plan for two weeks while being sick and experiencing other physical side effects was amazing. I think God gives us a new day each day so we can start over and be the best we can be. After all, we are all only human. Good luck on week three.
Your#1 supporter

Anonymous said...

I can completely empathize with you. While I hate to admit it, I think it is a good thing for us to be disappointed in our actions when we 'cheat' on the diet. Actually, we are cheating on ourselves, not the diet.

However, I don't think we should be disappointed in ourselves because this is a big change in our lives and we have had the courage to start it. Just like any addict, we will fall, but the important thing is that we get up, dust ourselves off, and continue. Just as the famous quote says, "A journey of a thousand steps begins with the first one."

Karen